Limited Weighing Instruments
Discounts apply when purchasing more than 1 item from the same skill set (per person only)
(25% for 2, 40% for 3 or more)
Only verifiers deemed competent and registered by NMI may verify instruments used for trade. Recognition kits (RK) assess your competence against performance criteria related to your work. These performance criteria are set out in units of competency. Successful completion of a recognition kit will lead to the awarding of a Statement of Attainment which will allow you to be registered by our Licensing Section as a verifier.
Read the Recognition Kit Instructions for Verifiers and Weighbridge Operators (PDF) and ensure you have practical experience that allows you to generate evidence related to test reports and transaction records.
Download the checklist when submitting kits to the NMI Administrator. All RK submissions must be accompanied with a completed checklist.
The 6.1-6.3 RK is a fillable form. Download and complete this recognition kit (PDF)
NOTE: All 6.1-6.3 RKs submitted from 1/2/2020 include a mandatory skills assessment for non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWIs). Evidence of your skill in verifying NAWIs can be provided by submitting a video, video calling or face-to-face observation. For more information on this part of the assessment and these options please read the Instructions for observation assessment.
The 6.7-6.8 RK is a fillable form. Download and complete this recognition kit (PDF)
Please find the Useful Web links for verifiers document for your reference.
You will be assessed against the following units of competency:
If successful you will be awarded the Skill Set MSMSS00009 -Trade Measurement Verification (Limited Weighing Instrument).
- Once you have your completed recognition kit, submit it to the NMI Administrator at email@example.com, along with your completed checklist, certified photo ID, and you will be advised if you are ready to enrol and pay by credit card. Please note, a tax invoice will automatically be emailed to you after the credit card payment goes through.
- For those who require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option, after checkout, when you are instructed to enrol by the NMI Administrator.
- Once we receive your checklist, certified photo ID, your payment, and completed recognition kit we will process your enrolment, send you a confirmation email and your completed recognition kit will be assigned to an assessor.
- Your assessor will contact you to discuss your kit and arrange an interview.
Your assessment may be cancelled if you have not completed all elements of your assessment within six months from enrolment.
Any refund applied due to enrolment changes will be prorated against the number of instrument subclasses assessed in a single skill set.
Please contact the NMI administrator in the following circumstances:
- You need assistance in understanding the requirements for compiling your kit.
Tel: 02 8467 3796
View more Training and Assessments.