Introduction to estimating measurement uncertainty - ONLINE & FACE-TO-FACE DELIVERY
For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This course will give you a clear step-by-step approach to uncertainty estimation with practical examples; you will learn techniques covering the whole process from identifying the sources of uncertainty in your measurements right through to completing the uncertainty budget.
ONLINE DELIVERY sessions will be as follows:
Session 1: 09:00 - 11:30 / session 2: 13:00 - 15:30
Session 3: 09:00 - 12:00
FACE TO FACE training is a one-day course (9 am to 5 pm) .
Knowledge and Skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- to understand the concepts involved in the calculation of measurement uncertainty
- to estimate measurement uncertainty in a practical and pragmatic manner
- to apply ISO's Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement successfully in the workplace
The topics covered include:
- an overview of ISO's Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement
- modelling a measurement
- identifying uncertainty components
- basic statistical concepts
- uncertainty calculations
- practical exercises
- useful spread sheet functions
- application in the workplace
- sensitivity coefficients
- sample calculations
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers.
ONLINE PARTICIPANTS: Once enrolled, our trainer will schedule a time with you to test Webex and the connection. Training materials will be emailed and/or posted to the address in your enrolment. Please provide a residential address if you are working from home. Alternatively, an address that can ensure materials will be delivered safely.
FACE-TO-FACE PARTICIPANTS: A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email. Training materials will be provided as hard-copies on the day of the course.
You can download the course brochure here, as well as information about face-to-face training on the second page.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.