Introduction to Estimating Measurement Uncertainty
For those who would like to pay by cheque, or require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This one-day introductory course will give you the grounding needed to develop an uncertainty budget. Suitable for staff from calibration laboratories and those testing laboratories carrying out physical measurements, the course will give you a clear step-by-step approach to uncertainty estimation with practical examples. Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the concepts involved in the estimation of measurement uncertainty
- estimate measurement uncertainty in a practical and pragmatic manner
- apply ISO’s Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement successfully in the workplace
The topics covered include:
- an overview of ISO’s Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM)
- modelling a measurement
- identifying uncertainty components
- basic statistical concepts
- uncertainty calculations
- sensitivity coefficients
- practical exercises
- useful spreadsheet functions
Past Attendees have said...
"This course gave me the confidence to prepare the measurement uncertainty calculations for our lab."
"I can now formalise the approach to our analysis and also provide up-to-date information to assist in meeting NATA requirements."
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com.
View more Training and Assessments.