Estimating measurement uncertainty for chemists
This two-day course (9 am to 5 pm) introduces the concept of measurement uncertainty and explains the processes involved in making estimates of measurement uncertainty in chemical methods.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills:
- to understand the principles involved in measurement uncertainty and traceability
- to apply uncertainty concepts when developing and conducting routine analysis
- to make ISO/IEC 17025 compliant estimates of measurement uncertainty
The topics covered include:
- sources of uncertainty
- calculating combined uncertainties
- reporting results to the client
- spreadsheet tools for uncertainty evaluation
- uncertainty associated with bias correction and recovery correction factors
- uncertainty from sampling
- guided workshops
Past attendees have said...
"As Lab Manager, I really think it was money well spent and will recommend the courses to everyone."
"The best thing about this course is the case studies and workshops"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.