Calibration of Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Meters
For those who would like to pay by cheque, or require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This two-day course (9 am to 5 pm) provides training on the calibration of liquid-hydrocarbon LPG and petroleum flow meters. It is aimed at manufacturers, technicians and laboratory managers involved in the calibration and use of flowmeters. It includes hands-on learning activities on-site at NMI’s world-class hydrocarbon flow calibration and training facility at Londonderry (Sydney).
Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- calibrate a flowmeter and calculate the measurement uncertainty;
- apply fluid pressure and temperature corrections in accordance with API standards;
- identify and minimise sources of error impacting performance of measurement systems.
The topics covered include:
- measurement traceability
- flow meters and their characteristics including turbines, coriolis, pistons, capsule
- ancillary instrumentation: pressure, temperature, density
- calibration methods: gravimetric, volume proving, in-line comparison
- use of API hydrocarbon tables and algorithms
- common sources of error affecting flow measurements: bubbles and vapour, flow straighteners, and strainers
- measurement uncertainty analysis
- practical demonstrations
Past Attendees have said...
"We will now have staff with a thorough understanding of the requirements and techniques of calibration"
"I have gained a better understanding of the factors that affect calibration"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.