Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I purchase online?
We offer the following goods and services:
- training and assessments
- proficiency testing
- reference materials
- How do I place an order online?
There are five easy steps to making a purchase:
- find the items you would like to purchase by either browsing our categories, or searching
- add the products to your Shopping Cart by making the appropriate selection and clicking the Add to Cart
- view your Shopping Cart and once you are happy with all of your items click on the Checkout button
- follow the prompts to fill in your delivery and other details
- select your payment method and click the Make Payment button to complete your purchase
You'll be sent an email confirmation of your order.
- Is there a maximum or minimum value of an order?
There is no minimum order value. The maximum value of an online order is $8000 per transaction. To place orders of a higher value, contact +61 2 6213 6145 or email@example.com.
- What is a Shopping Cart?
The shopping cart is the mechanism by which the store keeps track of your order, as if you were putting items into a cart at the supermarket. You don’t have to actually pay when you drop items into the cart, and you can remove them, change quantities, and so on before you go to checkout.
- What is checkout?
As in a real store, when you have finally decided what you want to buy, you wheel your cart by the checkout counter. This is the time you have to enter your credit card details, your billing and shipping addresses, etc. You also get one last chance to edit quantities and remove products.
When everything is the way you like it, click Submit to send your order in. You will immediately get a page confirming the payment details. An email will also be sent to you confirming your purchase.
- How do I cancel my orders before I make a payment?
When you go to your Shopping Cart, you will have the option to proceed to make payment or cancel your order.
- What does the Checkout button commit me to?
Nothing so far. Clicking a button like Add to Cart or Checkout just starts the purchase. You do not commit to the purchase until you submit your credit card or other payment details.
- How can I change my shipping address?
By default, the last used shipping address will be saved to your Sample Store account. When you are checking out your order, the default shipping address will be displayed and you have the option to amend it if you need to.
- How can I track my orders and payment?
After logging into your account, the status of your checkout history can be found under Order History.
- What is encryption?
The purpose of encryption is simply to keep messages private and whole, so they cannot be read by outsiders and cannot be tampered with en route.
Encryption takes your order and turns it into a secret code so that only the intended recipient (you or the store) can read it after mutual authentication—that is, confirmation that the store is who they say they are, and that you are who you say you are.
- Can I order something over the phone?
Yes, click here for a list of phone numbers.
- What are the payment methods available?
Purchases from Shopify may be paid by credit card only. Invoices for other services can be paid by credit card, EFT or BPay.
- Which credit cards are accepted?
We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
- Will my credit card payment incur a surcharge?
Yes, surcharges apply to the full purchase price including any applicable GST and shipping and handling charges. Surcharges cover bank charges for credit card payments which are:
- 0.275% for MasterCard and VISA Debit Card payments
- 0.561% for MasterCard Credit Card payments
- 0.836% for VISA Credit Card payments
- 1.595% for American Express payments
- Why has my credit card been declined?
Please, check the authorised transaction and monthly limits on your card. All credit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your credit card for some reason does not authorise payment then you will be notified of this during the checkout process. For further details of declined payments, please contact your card issuer.
- My order didn’t go through, but I think you have charged me.
When you enter your card details to pay for your order, your bank automatically deducts the money from your available balance although it is not actually taken from your account until we process your order.
If we are unable to process your order we will issue a refund through the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s accounts section. This usually takes five to ten working days but the exact timeframe can vary depending on the circumstances.
If this timeframe has elapsed and the money still has not been released, please contact us on +61 2 6213 6145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How is GST calculated?
We charge GST (Goods and Services Tax) in accordance with Australian Government law (currently 10% of the purchase price). Some items are GST-free, e.g. assessments, training associated with assessments, and goods and services delivered overseas.
- Do I receive a tax invoice?
Yes, you will receive one with the delivery of your goods.
- How long will it take for my order to arrive after I make payment?
Orders are sent via courier or Australia Post. Australia Post orders shipped within Australia should be delivered within five (5) to ten (10) working days of order depending on the volume of orders received. If you experience delays in receiving your order, contact us immediately and we will help to confirm the status of your order.
- What happens if there's been a delivery mishap to my order, e.g. damaged or lost delivery?
We take such matters very seriously and will look into individual cases thoroughly. Please contact us as soon as a problem becomes apparent.
- Do you deliver overseas?
Yes, although for logistical reasons some items cannot be offered to overseas clients – where this is the case, the Shop will advise you accordingly. If you are shopping online with us from outside Australia, please note that in the time that passes between the original purchase and any requested refund the currency may have fluctuated up or down. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and all purchases and refunds are transacted in Australian Dollars (AUD). Unfortunately we are unable to adjust this amount and any amount that customers may have lost or gained due to the currency rate fluctuation.
- Can I change or cancel my order?
Changes or cancellations can be made by contacting us on email@example.com. We aim to process your orders as quickly as possible and if your order has already been dispatched, we will not be able to make any changes.
- I live overseas but I want to send my order to an address in Australia. Can I do so?
Yes. Just order in the normal way. If you have a foreign credit card, that’s fine. However your order will be subject to Australian GST (Goods and Services Tax) if relevant. At present this is charged at 10% of the purchase price.
- How will I be refunded if I return an item?
You will need to provide your contact and banking details. The Department of Industry and Science will issue an EFT refund to your nominated bank account.
- How safe is the information I provide to an online store?
Your credit card information is safer online, within a secure shopping area, than it is when you give your card to a waiter at a restaurant or an attendant at a petrol station. Far more credit card fraud stems from stolen paper receipts than from hackers intercepting transmissions to and from a secure shopping site.
Shopify stores information securely and uses high-level SSL encryption technology which is the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. Shopify does not store your personal credit card information.