Time and frequency measurement - ONLINE & FACE-TO-FACE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Please note, a tax invoice will automatically be emailed to you after the credit card payment goes through. If you don't receive it, check your Junk inbox. Do not tick the tax invoice button if paying by credit card. For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This two-day course covers the broad range of equipment and techniques used to measure time and frequency and to calibrate time and frequency instruments. Please find the link to the brochure here.
NOTE: Participants with limited experience in estimating measurement uncertainty would benefit from first attending the Introduction to Estimating Measurement Uncertainty course.
ONLINE DELIVERY sessions times will be as follows:
Day 1 & 2: session 1 09:00 - 12:00 / session 2 13:00 - 16:00
FACE TO FACE training is a two-day course (9 am to 5 pm).
Knowledge and skillsThe course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the principles of time and frequency measurement
- understand the processes involved in the use and transfer of time and frequency standards
- identify various sources of error that affect time and frequency measurements
The topics covered include:
- clocks, oscillators and frequency standards
- time scales and international timekeeping
- evaluating the performance of time and frequency standards
- selection of clocks and oscillators to suit applications
- primary standards and traceability
- the Global Positioning System (GPS)
- time and frequency transfer, including TV-sync, GPS and two-way satellite transfer
- computer time and Network Time Protocol
- frequency and time interval measuring instruments
- measurement and analysis techniques for time and frequency calibrations
- estimating measurement uncertainty
Past Attendees have said...
“This course has been a great benefit by providing strong foundations for further development in time & frequency measurement”
“This course reinforced that the direction our organisation is heading is correct.”
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers.
ONLINE PARTICIPANTS: training materials will be provided electronically.
FACE-TO-FACE PARTICIPANTS: A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email. Training materials will be provided as hard-copies on the day of the course.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.