For those who would like to pay by cheque, or require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This three-day course (9 am to 5 pm) covers the measurement of temperature and the calibration of temperature measuring instruments. It incorporates extensive hands-on practical exercises. Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills:
- to understand the principles of operation of common temperature sensors and their instrumentation, especially thermocouples and resistance, radiation and liquid-in-glass thermometers
- to employ suitable processes for calibrating and using temperature measurement equipment
- to identify various sources of error that affect temperature measurements
- to develop the technical understanding required to become a NATA signatory
- physics of temperature measurement
- temperature scale, traceability and international standards
- thermocouple electromotive force, measurement and calibration
- properties of thermocouples and systematic errors
- infrared and general radiation thermometry and their application
- errors and calibration in radiation thermometry
- calibration baths and furnaces
- digital thermometers
- resistance thermometry: associated errors and calibration
- enclosure testing (multi-site measurements)
- liquid-in-glass thermometry
- estimating measurement uncertainty
- extensive hands-on practical exercises in measurement
Past Attendees have said...
"I have gained a better understanding of calibration and temperature measurement techniques"
"We have a better understanding of thermocouple theory and will help us to achieve better measurements"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.