Please note, a tax invoice will automatically be emailed to you after the credit card payment goes through. If you don't receive it, check your Junk inbox. Do not tick the tax invoice button if paying by credit card. For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This three-day course (9 am to 5 pm) covers the measurement of temperature and the calibration of temperature measuring instruments. It incorporates extensive hands-on practical exercises. Please find the link to the brochure here.
NOTE: Participants with limited experience in estimating measurement uncertainty would benefit from first attending the Introduction to Estimating Measurement Uncertainty course.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the principles of operation of common temperature sensors and their instrumentation, especially thermocouples and resistance, radiation and liquid-in-glass thermometers
- employ suitable processes for calibrating and using temperature measurement equipment
- identify various sources of error that affect temperature measurements
- develop the technical understanding required to become a NATA signatory
- physics of temperature measurement
- temperature scale, traceability and international standards
- thermocouple electromotive force, measurement and calibration
- properties of thermocouples and systematic errors
- infrared and general radiation thermometry and their application
- errors and calibration in radiation thermometry
- calibration baths and furnaces
- digital thermometers
- resistance thermometry: associated errors and calibration
- enclosure testing (multi-site measurements)
- liquid-in-glass thermometry
- estimating measurement uncertainty
- extensive hands-on practical exercises in measurement
Past Attendees have said...
"I have gained a better understanding of calibration and temperature measurement techniques"
"We have a better understanding of thermocouple theory and will help us to achieve better measurements"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.