Introduction to estimating measurement uncertainty - ONLINE DELIVERY
For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This course will give you a clear step-by-step approach to uncertainty estimation with practical examples; you will learn techniques covering the whole process from identifying the sources of uncertainty in your measurements right through to completing the uncertainty budget.
The sessions will be as follows:
Session 1: 09:00 - 11:30 / session 2: 13:00 - 15:30
Session 1: 09:00 - 12:00
Knowledge and Skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- to understand the concepts involved in the calculation of measurement uncertainty
- to estimate measurement uncertainty in a practical and pragmatic manner
- to apply ISO's Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement successfully in the workplace
The topics covered include:
- an overview of ISO's Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement
- modelling a measurement
- identifying uncertainty components
- basic statistical concepts
- uncertainty calculations
- practical exercises
- useful spread sheet functions
- application in the workplace
- sensitivity coefficients
- sample calculations
Once enrolled, our trainer will schedule a time with you to test Webex and the connection. The price includes a hard-copy of Monograph 1, an NMI USB, pen and notepad (which will be mailed to your postal address). All other training resources will be provided electronically.
Face to face courses are suspended until further notice, based on advice from the Government. You can download the course brochure here, as well as information about face-to-face training on the second page.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com.
View more Training and Assessments.