For those who would like to pay by cheque, or require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This two-day course (9 am to 5 pm) presents a comprehensive overview of the fundamental principles in dimensional metrology and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- use traditional gauges and dimensional measuring equipment
- understand and apply the fundamental principles of 3D coordinate metrology
- understand and interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols in order to perform appropriate measurements
- identify and minimise the various sources of error that can arise in dimensional metrology
Topics covered include:
- the use and calibration of gauge blocks, micrometers, digital callipers and dial indicators
- geometric dimensioning and tolerancing concepts, rules and symbols, the interpretation of tolerance frames
- datums, coordinate systems, types of probes, probing strategies, getting the most from a CMM and non-contact (optical) measurements
- the effects of temperature, abbe error, cosine error and aliasing
- surface roughness and filtering
Past Attendees have said...
"Our knowledge through this course has definitely improved and we have a better understanding of the fundamentals"
"I now understand our measurement capabilities and am clear on what can be measured with current equipment"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com.
View more Training and Assessments.