Calibration of weights and balances - ONLINE DELIVERY
For those who require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This course covers the theory and practice of the calibration of weights and balances. It incorporates hands-on practical exercises to demonstrate adjustment features and the effects of static, magnetism, vibration and draughts on balance performance. Please find the link to the brochure here.
The sessions will be as follows:
Session 1: 09:00 - 11:30 / session 2: 13:00 - 15:30
Session 1: 09:00 - 12:00
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the principles of calibration of weights and balances
- identify various sources of error that affect the calibration of weights and balances
The topics covered include:
- general principles of mass measurement
- air buoyancy and conventional mass
- effects of the laboratory environment
- care and handling of weights
- calibration of electronic balances
- balance adjustment features
- user checks on balances
- reporting calibration data
- estimating measurement uncertainty
Past Attendees have said...
"This course gives me more confidence that we are conducting our tests/ checks correctly"
"It will help us maintain calibrated weights & balances in addition to improving our understanding and reliability of our measurements"
Once enrolled, our trainer will schedule a time with you to test Webex and the connection. The price includes all training materials (hard-copy and electronic), an NMI USB, pen and notepad (which will be mailed to your postal address). All other training resources will be provided electronically.
Face to face courses are suspended until further notice, based on advice from the Government. You can download the course brochure here, as well as information about face-to-face training on the second page.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.