Calibration of Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Meters - ONLINE & FACE-TO-FACE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Please note, a tax invoice will automatically be emailed to you after the credit card payment goes through. Do not tick the tax invoice button if paying by credit card. For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This two-day course provides training on the calibration of liquid-hydrocarbon LPG and petroleum flow meters. It is aimed at manufacturers, technicians and laboratory managers involved in the calibration and use of flowmeters.
The course is delivered live by NMI technical experts via Webex Training platform, over 2 days, 4 sessions.
ONLINE DELIVERY session times will be as follows:
Session 1: 09:00 - 12:00 / session 2: 13:00 - 15:30
Session 3: 09:00 - 12:00 / session 4: 13:00 - 15:30
Knowledge and skills
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- calibrate a flowmeter and calculate the measurement uncertainty
- apply fluid pressure and temperature corrections in accordance with API standards
- identify and minimise sources of error impacting performance of measurement systems
The topics covered include:
- measurement traceability
- flow meters and their characteristics including turbines, coriolis, pistons, capsule
- ancillary instrumentation: pressure, temperature, density
- calibration methods: gravimetric, volume proving, in-line comparison
- use of API hydrocarbon tables and algorithms
- common sources of error affecting flow measurements: bubbles and vapour, flow straighteners, and strainers
- measurement uncertainty analysis*
- practical demonstrations
* Participants with limited experience in estimating measurement uncertainty would benefit from first attending the Introduction to Estimating Measurement Uncertainty course.
Past Attendees have said...
"We will now have staff with a thorough understanding of the requirements and techniques of calibration"
"I have gained a better understanding of the factors that affect calibration"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.