Please note, a tax invoice will automatically be emailed to you after the credit card payment goes through. Do not tick the tax invoice button if paying by credit card. For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This one-day course will provide calibration and quality control technicians with the skills required to calibrate liquid-in-glass thermometers in accordance with NATA and 17025 requirements.
The course covers essential knowledge of the theory and practice of temperature measurements using liquid-in-glass thermometers and application of the necessary precautions and corrections to achieve required measurement accuracy.
Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- use the appropriate calibration procedure and perform periodic in-house checks
- identify various sources of error that affect temperature measurements
- report measurement and calibration results in accordance with industry standards, including legal requirements for traceability
- the basic principles of measurement and metrological traceability
- the principles of operation and construction of liquid-in-glass thermometers
- different types of liquid-in-glass thermometers
- intrinsic problems: total versus partial immersion, temporary depression and secular change
- calibration of liquid-in-glass thermometers
- calibration workshop
- uncertainty of measurement estimation to ISO GUM1
- reporting measurement results in accordance with NATA and ISO 17025 requirements
- use and general care of thermometers
1Participants with limited experience in estimating measurement uncertainty would benefit from first attending the Introduction to Estimating Measurement Uncertainty course.
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.