Estimating measurement uncertainty for chemists
For those who require an invoice to make a payment, please choose the relevant option after checkout.
This course introduces the concept of measurement uncertainty and explains the processes involved in making estimates of measurement uncertainty in chemical methods.
Download the course brochure here.
ONLINE DELIVERY: The sessions will be as follows:
Session 1: 09:00 - 11:30 / session 2: 13:00 - 15:30
Session 1: 09:00 - 12:00
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the principles involved in measurement uncertainty and traceability
- apply uncertainty concepts when developing and conducting routine analysis
- make ISO/IEC 17025 compliant estimates of measurement uncertainty
The topics covered include:
- sources of uncertainty
- calculating combined uncertainties
- top-down approaches
- reporting results to the client
- spreadsheet tools for uncertainty evaluation
- uncertainty associated with bias
- guided workshops
Past attendees have said...
"As Lab Manager, I really think it was money well spent and will recommend the courses to everyone."
"The best thing about this course is the case studies and workshops"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
NOTE online delivery: once enrolled, our trainer will schedule a time with you to test Webex and the connection. Training materials and resources will be provided electronically.
If course is SOLD OUT, please contact us on +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.