Time and frequency measurement
This two-day course (9 am to 5 pm) covers the broad range of equipment and techniques used to measure time and frequency and to calibrate time and frequency instruments.
Knowledge and skillsThe course will provide you with the knowledge and skills:
- to understand the principles of time and frequency measurement
- to understand the processes involved in the use and transfer of time and frequency standards
- to identify various sources of error that affect time and frequency measurements
The topics covered include:
- clocks, oscillators and frequency standards
- time scales and international timekeeping
- evaluating the performance of time and frequency standards
- selection of clocks and oscillators to suit applications
- primary standards and traceability
- the Global Positioning System (GPS)
- time and frequency transfer, including TV-sync, GPS and two-way satellite transfer
- computer time and Network Time Protocol
- frequency and time interval measuring instruments
- measurement and analysis techniques for time and frequency calibrations
- estimating measurement uncertainty
Past Attendees have said...
“This course has been a great benefit by providing strong foundations for further development in time & frequency measurement”
“This course reinforced that the direction our organisation is heading is correct.”
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.