Perform standard calibrations
Perform Standard Calibrations physical metrology assessment is designed to assess and recognise participants competence in performing standard calibration in accordance with established workplace procedure and can be applied to different calibration fields such as the calibration of weights and balances, electrical measurement, humidity measurement, pressure measurement and testing temperature controlled enclosures (select the correct assessment from the drop down list above).
Enrolment includes assessment against MSL904001 Perform Standard Calibrations unit of competency.
This unit of competency can be credited toward any qualification listed in the MSL training package. Participants can find a Registered Training Organisation who do delivers relevant qualifications by accessing the TGA website: http://training.gov.au/
Read the Physical Metrology Assessment Process and ensure you have practical experience that allows you to generate evidence
Participants should be able:
- to perform calculations of scientific quantities using calculator or Microsoft excel
- to use scientific notation and relevant scientific and technical terminology
- to prepare graphs, tables and charts and interpreting trends
- to convert units involving multiples and submultiples
- to determine statistical values of data such as mean, median, mode and standard deviation
- to transpose and evaluate formulae
- to perform calculations involving fractions, decimals, proportions and per cent
Resources may include:
- specialised calibration/test equipment, reference standards and laboratory facilities
- access to a library of calibration methods, procedures and equipment specifications
- enterprise quality manual and procedures.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.