Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
Please contact us directly for training dates and locations (+61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com).
This one-day course (9 am to 5 pm) covers the differences between the 1994 and 2009 standards of ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
The 2009 standard contains numerous changes that affect the specification and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. You will learn how the subject matter has been reorganised and about new sections that have been created for profile, orientation and form. You should have a basic understanding of Y14.5M–1994.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills:
- to understand the fundamental differences between between the 1994 and 2009 standards
- to recognise new symbols and how to apply them to drawings
- to determine the impact of the new standard
The topics covered include new or revised:
- terms (more than 30)
- symbols (16)
- fundamental rules
- concept of feature of size
- symbols for datum specifications
- composite position tolerances
- surface boundaries and axis methods of interpretation
- profile tolerances
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.