Advanced Concepts of GD&T
This three-day workshop is valuable for individuals who create or interpret engineering drawings. Providing you have a basic understanding of DG&T fundamentals, this class teaches the advanced concepts of GD&T as prescribed in the ASME Y14.5M-1994 Standard and current industry practice.
Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills:
- Explain the importance of product design and functional dimensioning
- Recognise the difference between a rigid and a flexible (non-rigid) part
- Describe uses, advantages, misconceptions, and common errors of the datum system
- Calculate advanced applications of form controls
- Interpret tolerance of position advanced applications: composite position tolerancing and multiple single-segment position tolerancing
- Explain composite profile tolerancing and multiple single-segment profile tolerancing
The topics covered include:
- Importance of product design
- Functional dimensioning
- Rigid/non-rigid parts definitions; tolerancing non-rigid parts
- Restrained part datum usage
- Form controls
- The datum system; datum feature types; datum targets; specialised datum applications
- Tolerance of position usage
- Simultaneous and separate requirements
- Composite position tolerancing
- Multiple single-segment tolerance of position tolerancing
- Conical tolerance zones
- Profile tolerances; profile and simultaneous requirements
- Composite profile tolerancing; multiple single-segment profile tolerancing
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com.
View more Training and Assessments.