Calibration of weights and balances
For those who require an invoice prior to making payment, choose the relevant option after checkout.
This one-day course (9 am to 5 pm) covers the theory and practice of the calibration of weights and balances. It incorporates hands-on practical exercises to demonstrate adjustment features and the effects of static, magnetism, vibration and draughts on balance performance. Please find the link to the brochure here.
Knowledge and skills
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the principles of calibration of weights and balances
- identify various sources of error that affect the calibration of weights and balances
The topics covered include:
- general principles of mass measurement
- air buoyancy and conventional mass
- effects of the laboratory environment
- care and handling of weights
- calibration of electronic balances
- balance adjustment features
- user checks on balances
- reporting calibration data
- estimating measurement uncertainty
Past Attendees have said...
"This course gives me more confidence that we are conducting our tests/ checks correctly"
"It will help us maintain calibrated weights & balances in addition to improving our understanding and reliability of our measurements"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more Training and Assessments.