Calibration of Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Meters
This two-day course (9 am to 5 pm) provides training on the calibration of liquid-hydrocarbon LPG and petroleum flow meters. It is aimed at manufacturers, technicians and laboratory managers involved in the calibration and use of flowmeters. It includes hands-on learning activities on-site at NMI’s world-class hydrocarbon flow calibration and training facility at Londonderry (Sydney).
Knowledge and skills
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- calibrate a flowmeter and calculate the measurement uncertainty;
- apply fluid pressure and temperature corrections in accordance with API standards;
- identify and minimise sources of error impacting performance of measurement systems.
The topics covered include:
- measurement traceability
- flow meters and their characteristics including turbines, coriolis, pistons, capsule
- ancillary instrumentation: pressure, temperature, density
- calibration methods: gravimetric, volume proving, in-line comparison
- use of API hydrocarbon tables and algorithms
- common sources of error affecting flow measurements: bubbles and vapour, flow straighteners, and strainers
- measurement uncertainty analysis
- practical demonstrations
Past Attendees have said...
"We will now have staff with a thorough understanding of the requirements and techniques of calibration"
"I have gained a better understanding of the factors that affect calibration"
Training delivery is subject to participant numbers. A confirmation email will be sent to each participant 2 weeks prior to the course date. We suggest you book your travel arrangements after receiving this course confirmation email.
For more information contact +61 2 8467 3796 or email@example.com.
View more Training and Assessments.